The Colorado runs beneath State Highway 9 between Grand County Road 1 and Kremmling. A mile south of Kremmling, CR 1 also known as the Trough Road, heads west to State Bridge, about 25 miles away. The Trough Road follows the river much of that distance. At several points along the way anglers have access to public stretches of the stream. These spots include Pump House, the 3 miles below Ranch del Rio, state Bridge, Dotsero, and many exits through Glenwood Canyon.
Float Trip Options: there are multiple putin's from Pumphouse downstream to Dotsero. All the floats vary in length, and the time it takes to do each section will depend on what the flows are at.
- Pumphouse to Radium - 4 miles
- Radium to Rancho Del Rio - 5 miles
- Rancho Del Rio to Statebridge - 4 miles
- Statebridge to Two Bridges - 4 miles
- Two Bridges to Catamount - 10 miles
- Catamount to Burns - 5 miles (private take-out)
- Burns to Pinball (private put-in)
- Pinball to Cottonwood - 14 miles
- Cottonwood to Dotsero - 6 miles